When You Should Start A Google AdWords Campaign
If your business is growing you all get very excited about how your business is growing. More and more people in this world are getting aware of your company and brand and then you want to continue to advertise your business and its products too. You have heard great things about Google Adwords and think it is a good next step to grow your business.
Before you fully get to understand about Google Adwords, though you need to make sure that your business is really ready for this kind of pay-per-click campaign. After all, Google Adwords is not a magic bullet for marketing success, and also if it is poorly planned then it can easily lead to disaster.
It is not beneficial for a start-up company to dive into an Adwords campaign because other companies talk about how profitable it can be. So, to get the most benefit from using the Google Adwords then you should have the following elements in place;
- Customer demand:-
- If your customers are not searching for your product or service in Google, then it is obvious that Adwords search advertising is not going to work for you.
- Besides showing the amount of traffic for any given keywords, its advanced options can also show you how competitive a word is.
- When coming up with or settling on keywords, ask yourself if the keywords are actually being searched for enough on Google to justify your efforts.
- This can also help you to determine the intent of the user and if you can afford the CPC (Cost per Click) of the keyword.
- Marketing budget:-
- After doing some research and narrowing down your target keywords, calculate your maximum CPC (Cost per Click) you are willing to spend.
- The more competitive a keyword is, the more you will have to spend on it.
- Do not just go after keywords that are competitive, target ones which you can afford and which will most probably give you profitable results.
- You do not just want to push your budget, just decide your keyword according to your budget.
- Understanding of the competition:-
- If you really want to crush the keyword game, you have to start with those high volume keywords, but you should also know what keywords your competitors are using.
- There are several tools that can help you spy on competitors. These tools collect and provide information on your competitor’s past activities, including the topmost keyword used and how long they have been using each keyword.
- You can even look up a competitor’s past advertising and marketing copy and material that feature their top performing keywords and then import all the necessary information into your Adwords account.
- So, try to better understand your competitors by this methodology.
- Outstanding Ads and the ability to create them regularly:-
- When you use Adwords, you pay each time when someone clicks on your ads.
- With that in mind, you need to create ads that not only lead to clicks to your website, but you only want high-quality prospects who are likely to convert into sales to click on your ads.
- Thus, you need to create eye-catching ads that speak to a specific audience.
- In Google Adwords, the main goal is to increase sales through more visibility and more clicks.
- Also, the text of an Adwords ad is very limited, so you need to be very quick to the point and only feature the most important information in an interesting way.
- Dedicated landing page:-
- If you are new to internet marketing, you may naturally think you want the homepage of your website to rank for all your top keywords, and you may even want to send all the traffic from your PPC ads there, too.
- When you create an ad in Adwords, make sure it goes to its own dedicated page on your website, not on your homepage.
- You want the user to have a pleasant experience on your website so they make a purchase or take some action.
- So, take the time to create a page that is relevant to the text in the ad and make it extremely easy for the visitor to take the next action.
A Google Adwords campaign is an effective method for your business to increase sales and be successful. Always keep in mind that just as a well-planned and timed advertising campaign can benefit your company, a poorly planned Adwords campaign can hurt your company too. It is best to familiarize yourself with Google Adwords platform and be sure to have the above-mentioned components in place before making your ads live.